Markins Quick Shoes
- Category: Markins Plate
Available either screw-knob style or lever-release style.
- Made of the highest quality duralumin. It is very durable but light in weight. Surface is hard-anodized to increase the resistance to the scratches.
- All the corners and edges are rounded by super-finishing barreling method for the extra-safety from incidental injuries to the photographer's hand and camera bags.
- Dove-tail type quick shoe can be interchangeably used with any Arca-Swiss type camera plates. The extra-long Markins camera plate is useful for secondary holding of longer lenses, and can also be used for macro-photography.
- Bi-directional camera plates are also available for further versatility.
Screw-Knob Style feature:
- Easy-to-use, captive knob stops at the maximum opening.
- Knob won't come off and get lost.
- Locking knob is easily locked or released only by 1 to 1/2 turns.
- Stopping bolt in the quick shoe further prevents from accidental sliding-off of the camera-lens.
Lever-Release Style Features:
- Easy Opening and Closing: The quickshoe opens/closes fully in one quick lever action even with hand with glove on.
- Adjustable Clamping Distance (Patented): The clamping distance is user-adjustable by turning the adjustment screw for plates larger than Markins standard such as Kirk or RRS.
- Note: Markins recommends lever style release only if one has plates from single maker.
- Convertible Lever Arm Position (Patented): The lever arm is convertible to either left or right hand position for one's own convenience.
- Protected Lever Cam Mechanism (Patented): The lever cam mechanism is embedded inside of the quickshoe, which vastly reduces the chance that the lever mechanism could be damaged by accidental impact.
- Compact Design: The lever arm stays compact either opened or closed position.
|Model||Release Style||Jaw Length||Width (Closed)||Width (Open)||Height||Weight|
|QR-48S||Screw-Knob||48 mm||76 mm||82 mm||15 mm||78 g|
|QL-48||Lever||48||71 mm||75 mm||15 mm||81 g|
|QL-60||Lever||60 mm||71 mm||75 mm||15 mm||98 g|