Jobu Gimbal Heads
- Category: Jobu Gimbal
A gimbal head balances your camera and lens at their natural centre of gravity. If you try to use a large telephoto lens and camera on a ballhead you have to fight the natural tendency of the equipment to want to tip over due to gravity. The ballhead will balance the lens only when the centre of gravity is directly vertical over the ballhead, as soon as it moves it will want to fall. Ballhead designers implement friction and all sorts of fancy elliptical gizmos to fight gravity. This is like using a screwdriver to hammer a nail. Wrong tool, wrong job.
A gimbal head balances your lens naturally. You can probably picture the way a large telescope is mounted. There is a reason for this, it works. Jobu gimbal heads use the same principle to make your lenses and cameras weightless. Tension control is not necessary because your camera and lens CANNOT flop over. You can move a 600mm F4 lens with one finger. Put yourself in the drivers seat and take a Jobu Design Gimbal Head for a spin, you will be like a machine gunner at the control!
|Model||Recommended for Lenses||
(kg / lbs)
|300 F2.8, 500 F4, 600 F4, 800 F5.6, 300-800||22 / 50|
Jobu Heavy Duty HD4 Series
|300 F2.8, 500 F4, 600 F4, 200-400 Pro zooms||13 / 30|
Jobu Jr3 Deluxe
70-200 F2.8, 300 F4, 500m F4 (with special considerations)
|5.4 / 12|
Jobu BWG-M1 Micro Gimbal/Ballhead adapter
70-200 F2.8/F4, 300mm F2.8/F4, 100-400 zoom, 150-500 zoom, 400mm F5.6, 400mm DO, etc.
ADPT-M1 adapter available for increasing offset from ballhead
|4.5 / 10|
Features (except for BWG-M1) :
- One-piece, cast and heat-treated construction. Incredible stiffness and rigidity.
- Full ball bearing support in tilt and panning axis for zero static/dynamic friction. 100% smooth movement.
- Stiffened horizontal mount swing-arm for better control. Spring loaded movement for increased control.
- Rubberized knobs for better use with bare or gloved hands, especially when wet.
- BWG-Pro has a low-profile lockout switch (locks tilt movement for travel).
- Includes Arca-Swiss compatible quick release.
- Powder coat paint for better scratch resistance.
- Solid, one-piece CNC machined billet aluminum
- Extreme stiffness for a small gimbal head
- Includes Arca-Swiss compatible quick release
- Needle roller bearings in tilt axis for smoothness
- Rubberized knob for cold and wet weather usage
- Easily adjustable variable tension settings for tilt-drag
- Requires a high-quality Arca-swiss compatible ballhead with panning functionality
- ADPT-M1 adapter available for increasing offset from ballhead
Note: Maximum gimbals weight limits are for occasional use. The gimbals are extremely strong, but continually overloading a gimbal will generally cause poor braking performance, extra vibration or unecessary wear on internal components and will void manufacturers warranty.